Sunday, August 12, 2007

CAMPBELL, MACKAY, DUNLOP & MURRAY

I was born and grew up in Tongue, Sutherland. My mother was born in Talmine, Melness, I had other relatives who lived in the Durness area. I am at present researching my family tree and hope to find others that are looking for members of the same families - Campbell’s, Mackay’s, Dunlope & Murray’s. My Father was born in South Shields but his mother’s side all came from Latheron, Caithness , some of this family ended up in Dalcharn, Tongue.

Penuel Gordon Grant Campbell b: 1880 Durness m Eric Campbell, Talmine, Melness, Tongue on the 18th July, 1913 at the Established Church of Scotland, Durness. (My Grandparents) Penuel's parents, George Mackay b:1837 Durness (Labourer) & Margaret Burke b:1843? Colinton, Edinburgh. Eric's parents..William Campbell b:1834 Durness & Johan Mackay b:1823 Durness. William's parents..James Campbell b:1806 Ireland & Jane Sutherland b:1811 Tongue, Sutherland.

I would appreciate if anyone has any other information to add.
I now live in Canberra, Australia and I think this is a great site to connect me back with my roots at home in Tongue.

Regards
Isabel GriggsCanberra, Australia.