Saturday, August 4, 2007

MACLEOD & ROBERTSON in Assynt

Have researched my MCLEOD ancestors in Ontario and have traced them back to Donald MCLEOD, Stoer, marrying Margaret (Peggy) ROBERTSON, Oldney, in the Parish of Assynt on Feb 16, 1832.

They had the following children:
Hugh, Donald (Daniel), John, Thomas, and possible an Anne.
I have found then in the 1841 census and believe I have them in the 1851 census in Kincardine area, Bruce county, Ontario. They were farming and fishing and one of the sons was a boat builder in Bayfield, Ontario.

I have not found anything one this couple in Scotland. I wouldappreciate if anyone you steer me in the right direction as where to continue my search in Scotland as I have no idea where to start looking.
Lea Ann Veysey
Calgary, Alberta, Canada

No comments: