Saturday, August 4, 2007

MACLEOD & MACKENZIE in Assynt

When time permits and I'm not working on other branches of my family I contine to sporadically research my father's family. He was Ian MacLeod (Dean) in Culkein, Achnacarnin, Assynt, and the majority of his ancestors were MacLeods or Mackenzies, mostly from Culkein and Clashnessie.
I have a few dead ends at the moment.

Trying to find the parents of Kenneth Mackenzie born 1822 Stoer, Assynt. The IGI suggests that his mother could be Isabella and there is also a record of a baptism in Assynt 25th June 1822, giving father as Alexander and mother as Isobel. This may be my Kenneth but could be someone completely different.

My MacLeod line comes to an end with Norman MacLeod born about 1750. I don't know if he was actually born in Culkein or somewhere completely different. Death records only start in 1855 so no help there. I know that he was married to Ann MacLeod, from his son William's death certificate in 1865.

Marian Macleod

No comments: